1. ==> Security Agency: Providing security is a profitable business in Nigeria. Nigerians have come to realize that security of life and property is not the responsibility of the government alone. This is the sole reason why setting up a security outfit which supplies security personnel to man estates, as bodyguards for wealthy individuals, security guards for banks and big companies as well as providing security during event is a profitable business idea.
2. ==> Sales Of Cement And Other Building Materials: Investing in the supply and distribution of cement and other building materials such as tiles, roofing sheet, steel rods, asbestos etc is a lucrative business considering the number of new house construction springing up everyday across the nation. I know quite a number of Nigerians making millions from this profitable venture. When you talk of thriving businesses in Nigeria, it is difficult not to mention the business of selling building materials.
3. ==> Real Estate Business: Dealing in landed and housing properties is a lucrative small scale business in Nigeria. Any day any time, investing in landed and housing properties is a money spinner I will always recommend to people who are confused about what business to start. You will discover that some people just pile up money in the bank without a concrete idea of what to invest in. Although this business is capital intensive unless you partner with others, building low and high cost accommodation units, student hostels, shopping malls and event centre is one of the easiest way to make it big from one of man’s basic need, ‘shelter’
4. ==> Palm Oil Storage Business: Palm oil business continues to be among viable business ideas in Nigeria for many years now. You can easily make a fortune of almost 60-70 percent returns on your capital is this profitable business. Reselling palm oil purchased cheaply during the peak season (July) for high profit margin during the off-peak season (February-April) is a business many Nigerians are currently making cool money from.
5. ==> Online Business And E-commerce: This is one of the most profitable small scale business in Nigeria as of today. Many Nigerians, even students make millions monthly off the internet legitimately. Talk of prominent bloggers like Jide of Ogbongeblog and Linda of LindaIkeji as well as big online stores like Konga and Jumia. These successful online entrepreneurs are into affiliate marketing, information marketing, Bulk SMS services, payment exchange, web design and development, SEO etc. Internet business is unarguable one of the most profitable business in Nigeria.
6. ==> Small Scale Production: Another powerful item on this list of hot business ideas in Nigeria is cosmetics and fashion accessories production. After a fruitless search for job, many graduates have discovered solid wealth in the production of toothpick, chalk, candle, soap, shampoo, paint, air freshener, bleach, insecticide and other household items. It is worthy to note that although you can start the manufacture of some of these products with as little capital as N5000, your success hangs on how effective your packaging and marketing is.
7. ==> Livestock Farming: Raising livestock for money is a sure floodgate to riches. Poultry farming and fish farming business top the list of these profitable business venture. This is due to the recent ban by the Nigerian government on the importation of frozen fish and poultry products consequently making supply unable to meet the demand. Piggery, goat farming, rabbit farming, snail farming, cattle farming, grasscutter farming are other areas of this lucrative business idea you can invest in.
See This!: How To Start Poultry Farming In Nigeria
8. ==> Recruitment Firm: With currently over five million unemployed youth in Nigeria and the teeming population of new graduates joining them year in year out, most companies have resorted to contracting out their recruitment process. Many of them are not ready to go through the stress of recruitment exercise, neither are they interested in recruiting permanent staff. This has made supplying contract staff to these companies a lucrative investment in Nigeria as you can also provide CV rewriting and staff training services.
9. ==> Transport And Haulage Business: For people who have time on their hands to manage this business, transportation business is one of the most lucrative business in Nigeria. Whether inter or intra state, transportation business is one of the most profitable business to start in Nigeria. You’ll discover that most investors recover recover their initial capital within a few months. Getting sound, fuel-efficient vehicles and reliable drivers is key to the success of haulage business. Although it is management-intensive, haulage of goods and petroleum business is a good investment idea in Nigeria. What some people do is buy a sound truck and contract it out to a haulage and logistics company for weekly or monthly returns.
10. ==> Plantation Farming: This is one of the best small scale business opportunities in Nigeria as it generates steady source of income for most people. There are numerous cash crops you can cultivate and harvest yearly for maximum profit. You can purchase cheap farmland and begin the cultivation of cassava, plantain, cocoa, oil palm and kolanut.
I compiled this list of small scale business in Nigeria to open up your business mind to golden advantages available to us while starting a small scale business in Nigeria. It is not about showcasing the best business in Nigeria, but rather providing numerous viable businesses in Nigeria. Are you currently into any of these business? Are you interested in investing in them? Please share your views or ask question.